Monday, September 22, 2014
Thursday, September 18, 2014
Monday, September 15, 2014
- 1 lb - 80/20 Ground Beef
- 2 Quarts - Water
- 3 TBS - Dehydrated Minced Onion
- 2 TBS - Granulated Garlic
- 1 TBS - Beef Base
- 1 tsp - Black Pepper
- 8 slices - American Cheese
- 1 lb - Elbow Macaroni
- 1 TBS - Dried Parsley
- In a large skillet brown ground beef.
- Drain excess fat, add water, onion, garlic, beef base, black pepper and bring to a boil.
- Add macaroni, reduce heat to medium, cover and cook for 9 minutes.
- Remove lid, stir macaroni, add cheese and mix well.
- Turn heat off and let sit uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Add parsley and mix.
Sunday, September 14, 2014
- 3.5 lb - Pork Loin Back Ribs (cut into 2 bone pieces)
- 3/4 Cup - Light Soy Sauce
- 1/2 Cup - Shaoxing Chinese Cooking Wine
- 1/3 Cup - Hoisin Sauce
- 1/3 Cup - Honey
- 1 TBS - Chinese Five Spice Powder
- 1/2 Cup - Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup - Honey
- 1/2 Cup - Water
- Combine soy sauce, wine, hoisin, honey and five spice powder and mix well.
- Combine ribs and marinade into a container with a lid and shake well.
- Marinate in the refrigerator for 6-8 hours.
- Grill ribs at 350º over indirect heat for one hour, turning every 15 minutes.
- While the ribs are grilling combine brown sugar, honey and water in a small sauce pan over medium heat.
- Bring to a boil, mix well and set aside.
- After the ribs have cooked for 1 hour, baste with the glaze and cook for 15 more minutes.
Friday, September 12, 2014
- 1/8 Cup Salt
- 1 Gallon – Water
- 4lbs – Bone in Chicken
- 1 – Large Yellow Onion (chopped)
- 4 – Large Carrots (cut into ½ inch coins)
- 4 – Celery Ribs (chopped)
- 1 tsp – Granulated Garlic
- 2 tsp – Black Pepper
- 2 tsp – Rubbed Sage
- 16oz – Egg Noodles
- Place chicken, salt and water in a large pot.
- Bring to a boil and cover, boil for 10 minutes.
- Turn the heat off and let the chicken sit with the lid on for 1 hour.
- Remove chicken, discard all the bones and skin and shred the chicken into bite size pieces.
- Skim off any excess fat or foam from the chicken stock.
- Add all remaining ingredients except the noodles, cover and simmer 10 minutes.
- Add the noodles and cook for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes add the chicken back to the pot to just warm through and finish cooking the noodles.
Tuesday, September 9, 2014
- 2 lbs - Beef Stew Meat
- 4 Cups - Beef Broth
- 1 - Yellow Onion (sliced)
- 2 Cups - White Mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 tsp - Granulated Garlic
- 1 tsp - Black Pepper
- 2 tsp - Worcestershire Sauce
- Salt to taste (be careful due to salt in broth)
- 2 TBS - Corn Starch
- 4 TBS - Water
- 2 TBS - Olive Oil
- Add oil to a heavy skillet over medium high heat.
- Add meat and brown 5-7 minutes or until browned on all sides.
- Add onions and mushrooms and continue to cook 2-3 minutes.
- Add garlic, pepper and Worcestershire sauce, mix until well combined.
- Add broth, mix well and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium low, cover and cook for 1-1.5 hours or until the meat is tender.
- Mix corn starch and water together and pour into the beef mixture, stir until thickened, about 2-3 minutes.
- Serve over egg noodles.
Monday, September 8, 2014
- 1/2 Cup - Water
- 1 Cup - Sugar
- 1/4 Cup - Fish Sauce
- 1/4 Cup - Shaoxing Chinese Wine
- 1/4 Cup - *Orange Juice
- 3 lbs - Chicken Wings
*For a more sour taste use lemon or lime juice.
- Combine 1/4 cup water and sugar in a medium pan over medium high heat and bring to a boil.
- Continue to boil and swirl (don't stir) so the sugar caramelizes evenly.
- Combine 1/4 cup water, fish sauce,shaoxing and orange juice into a cup.
- Once the caramel has turned a golden amber color slowly pour in the mixture and return to a boil.
- Continue to boil for 5 minutes until the sauce is well combined.
- Remove the sauce from the heat.
- Grill chicken wings on a 350º grill for 20-25 minutes or until cooked through.
- Toss the hot wings in the sauce and serve.
Friday, September 5, 2014
- 12 oz - Medium Shrimp (peeled)
- 8 oz - Penne Pasta (cooked for 7 minutes)
- 2 TBS - Garlic (chopped)
- 1.5 Cups - Asparagus (cut into bite size pieces)
- 1/4 Cup - Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 Stick - Butter
- 1/4 tsp - Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp - Salt
- Add olive oil to a medium skillet over medium heat.
- Add garlic and asparagus and saute for 1 minute.
- Add shrimp, butter, salt and pepper and cook for 1 minute.
- Add butter and pasta and cook 2-3 minutes or until pasta is al dente.
- Garnish with crushed red pepper and Parmesan cheese.