Thursday, October 15, 2009

Orange Marmalade Sriracha Wings

Yum

I am a chicken wing fanatic and always looking for a new way to make better chicken wings.  I'm cruising the aisles of the grocery store one day and start picking out things I think would go good as a glaze for grilled wings.  I threw in Sriracha Sauce, Orange Marmalade and honey and figured I'd add some more stuff when I got home.  Well, I came up with what I think to be a perfect spicy/sweet combo sauce that is fantastic on grilled chicken wings as well as other grilled meats such as chicken, pork chops, ribs and meat balls.  Here's the recipe and the process.

Orange Marmalade Sriracha Sauce
1 - 18oz Orange Marmalade (I used the generic store brand, you can buy gourmet if you choose)
1/3 Cup - Sriracha Sauce
1/3 Cup - Honey
1/3 Cup - Brown Sugar

Directions - Combine all ingredients in a heavy sauce pan and heat over medium heat, bring to a boil, stirring constantly to dissolve the sugar and combine ingredients and remove from heat.

Grilling Directions - Grill wings indirect at 350ยบ for 20-30 or until golden brown.  Then dip the wings in the sauce, then place back on the grill and continue to cook 10 minutes and repeat one or two more times.  When you're done,you should have a 'candy like' glaze.

9 comments:

  1. Looks yummie! I have to try this soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are the best wings I've ever had! Awesome recipe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great recipe! Grilled direct high in BGE dome, sauced twice.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Used this recipe at Roc City Rib Fest, Rochester NY this year for the NEBS Grilling comp. My second comp, first time grilling in one. Only the 2nd time I ever cooked these. Did them on the BSK, placed 4th in chicken wings. Have to chalk it up to your recipe. Thanks.

    Erin
    Pickle Bob's BBQ Squad

    ReplyDelete
  5. what did you season the chicken with before grilling them??

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG, you also use Sriracha hot sauce? Yey! I thought I was the only one. Well, here in our neighborhood, at least. I use A LOT of it whenever I grill something up in our weber gas barbecue. It's my favorite thing in our pantry, and I learned to tolerate spicy food more because of it. It's just so great with grilled meats and poultry, and it's equally amazing as a condiment for fried dishes. The flavor of chilli peppers, garlic, salt, vinegar, and sugar blend well with the taste that the weber gas bbq brings to food. Ooh, just thinking of it makes me hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just made these for me and my wife and they are absolutely delicious. Thanks for the recipe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The easiest recipe I've ever snagged from the internet and definitely the best wings I've ever made! I've used this recipe 5 times now and no matter how many wings I do up, there are never any leftovers OR complaints! Thanks Larry!

    ReplyDelete