Sunday, October 18, 2009

Seafood Feast

Yum
Even though I forgot to cook the flounder I bought to go with the rest of the seafood, this meal turned out great!

Started off first by making my own version of Remoulade Sauce after searching the internet for hours to find one that sounded great, but yet still simple.  I couldn't find one that sounded like the Remoulade Sauces I've had or ones that were simple, so I made one the way I 'think' it's supposed to be made, right or wrong it tasted exactly like I remember and wanted it to taste!. 

Remoulade Sauce My Version
1/2 Cup - Tarter Sauce
1/4 Cup - Ketchup
2 TBS - Horseradish
2 TSP - Hot Sauce (I used Franks)
3-4 Dashes of Worcestershire Sauce
Juice of half of a lemon
Combine all ingredients and refridgerate.

Started off dinner preparation by peeling 2lbs of shrimp.


Seasoned the shrimp liberally with Old Bay Seafood Seasoning.


Dipped the shrimp in flour and then an egg wash.


Dipped the shrimp into Panko crumbs


Into the fryer.


After a brief hot oil bath, nice and golden brown and crunchy.


Bay Scallops.


No seasoning on the scallops, just a dip in a box of Jiffy Mix Corn Muffin mix.   You could substitute with regular cornmeal, but I would salt and pepper if you use that.  I didn't season because I wanted the sweetness of the scallops to come through and mix with the sweet corn flavor of the muffin mix.


Into the fryer for 2 minutes.


Sides were fried okra and hushpuppies.



Dinner is ready.


And served...

1 comment:

  1. That is one fantastic looking seafood
    feast!

    ReplyDelete