Friday, December 11, 2009

Chuck Eyes

Yum
I'm feeling a little under the weather and even though I did my modification to my Smokey Joe, I just don't feel well enough to go out and grill........plus it's FREAKING COLD!

So, I did the next best thing and cooked the chuck eyes in my cast iron skillet.

Started off cutting up a little red onion, red pepper and baby zuchini.

 

Onions first into a preheated pan with a little olive oil.


Then the pepper and zuchini along with a little dehydrated garlic, salt and pepper.


Veggies are almost done.  At the last minute I poured in about 2 TBS of Zesty Italian dressing for a little extra zip.


Now the star of the show.....3 nice thick chuck eyes, also known as the 'Poor Mans Ribeye'.  These three beauties cost $7 total.


Kosher salt and black pepper.


Into an oiled preheated medium high cast iron skillet for 4 minutes per side. 


After the 4 minute flip


Dinner is served..I also did some sweet potatoes and seasoned with Wolfe Rub Original.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment