Sunday, February 7, 2010

Norhtern Beans with Smoked Turkey Wings

Yum
The weather here is crazy, cold and lot's of snow.  I needed something comforting and warming!  So, it was bean soup

Did a quick soak on 1lb of Northern Beans.  Here they are pre-soak.
 

Here they are after the 1 hour soak in boiling water.


While the beans were soaking I was thawing out two smoked turkey wings from Thanksgiving to add meat and flavor to the beans.

Once the beans were soaked, I added the wings.
  

Then I added 2 medium yellow onions, about 4 carrots, garlic, bay leaves, salt and pepper and let simmer for most of the day.

Several hours later the beans are ready and I removed the bones and skin and it was dinner time!
  
 

1 comment:

  1. Those beans look great and I could go for a bowl right now.

    ReplyDelete